A Refresher On Bag Types
Well, it is spring again. That warm, nice and bright season comes again. So let’s prepare something special to welcome the season- pick up a perfect bag and enjoy a perfect spring. A perfect bag can not only knock off pounds visually (no kidding!), it’ll also polish up your style in a flash.
Firstly, let’s learn something about bag types.
- Tote – An open-top bag with straps or handles.
- Hobo bag – A crescent-shaped shoulder bag.
- Satchel – A satchel bag is often with a strap. The strap is often worn so that it diagonally crosses the body, with the bag hanging on the opposite hip, rather than hanging directly down from the shoulder.
- Clutch – A small, handheld bag or a larger, geometric shape that is tucked under the arm.
- Messenger Bag – A large, soft shoulder bag with long straps (often worn across the body).
While the shape should oppose your body type for maximum flattery, the size of the bag should be in proportion to your figure. Generally speaking, a woman who is 6 feet tall and a size 14 would look lost with a teensy hand-held bag. A petite size 0 would look overwhelmed by an enormous slouchy bag. A shoulder bag’s length (where the bottom of the bag hits your body) will accentuate whatever part of the body it comes near. For example, a shoulder bag that ends around the hips will play up your hip width (the eye is drawn to the bag). Most women look great with a bag that hits mid-torso because it flatters the wrist.